The merger was seen as beneficial for the memberships of all the clubs. The Toronto Cricket Club had struggled financially since the 1930s; the Toronto Skating Club had outgrown its premises on Dupont Street and both operated on a seasonal basis. By joining forces the new club could remain open all year-round.
After months of negotiations and careful planning by both clubs another proposal came forward. The Toronto – Victoria Curling and Bowling Club was looking for a new facility after the Club's property was expropriated by the expanding University of Toronto. On April 10, 1957 the membership voted unanimously to further the recent merge with the third club and call the new entity the Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club.
Amalgamation was a bold step. With its success, a proud tradition of sporting excellence was not only maintained, it thrived. The Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club hosted such prestigious international events such as the North American Skating Championships, The Davis Cup and the Sahara Cup. Briar champions trained at the Club, as did renowned skaters like Barbara Ann Scott and Toller Cranston.
In the 60 years since amalgamation, the Club's membership has nearly doubled, and the regulations and facilities have evolved to meet the changing tastes of each generation. What hasn't changed is the original vision and pursuit of excellence that was at the heart of the Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club in 1957. In 60 years, our Club has grown into a whole that is truly greater than the sum of its parts.